Wednesday, December 5, 2007

GestaPo

Pat got this little jokebook which consisted of amusingly illustrated examples of common english language mistakes. For some reason, I was a lot more annoyed than amused. In an ideal world, such a list should be presented as an exam, not as humor. Perhaps I simply have the heart of an editor.




Oddly, a similar topic came up in a forum that I frequent. Here are some other things to think about; see if you know when to use each.

Ensure vs Insure vs Assure

Compare with vs Compare to

Damages vs Damage

That vs Which vs Who




Comic from Sinfest

2 comments:

Glenn Santos said...

Funny, I actually am an editor and I think it's a laugh.

And Google made me login using my Gmail account and not my Blogger one.

Glenn

Gaebril said...

Like, when I see a nicely designed, well printed sign telling me that the store is close, I am not amused, instead I want to strangle someone.

This entire book was like that.