Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fresh

So. The Mafiagang mailing list turned a year old last month, and still going strong. I've been ignoring my blog(s) for more than half a year. And really, I have to admit that the two statements are kinda connected. That, and I just finished the hectic P&G project that I've been working on since december. Feels good, really!

I guess I don't like the blog model of information sharing. I'm much more into the forum/mailing list thing. More robust discussion instead of just comments, better topic structure, everything goes into just one place (instead of a separate page for every writer). Yeah, I know what google reader is. It's an admission that blogs are structually unsound.

*ahem*

Anyway, I'm not writing to be negative, or even to recruit for Mafiagang (although new members are always welcome :D). It's because there's a lot of stuff I'd like to record for posterity. Not in the sense that it's something I need to share with others, but because it would be nice to have some stuff that I can look at with a smile, one or two years down the line. Kinda like a journal. Hm, that's probably a better way to look at it.

This is not a good post. I don't have a subject, I'm rambling aimlessly and I don't even have any pictures. But it signifies an intent to start posting again, so there we go.

No comments: