Monday, November 26, 2007

Exploran

Last weekend was good for gaming. I spent most of Saturday finishing up Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on the DS. It's a lot simpler than I recall Ocarina of Time being, but it's still amazingly fun to explore each new town and dungeon, to get each new tool and figure out what you can do with them. Zelda is a game filled to the brim with "Wow!" and "Ah-ha!" moments, and I really have to love it for that.



Note to self: I should set up an emulator for N64 and play some OOT.

****

On Sunday, I went ahead and bought World of Warcraft. Pat and I had previously played trial accounts; WoW is superior to any other MMO that we've tried, and we decided it would be worth paying the full price.

I got the WoW Battle Chest, which had an installer for the base game, another for the Burning Crusade expansion, and neat glossy illustrated guides for each. Plus smaller B&W manuals for each. Bought it at Data Blitz; it was significantly pricier than the MSRP would have led me to expect. But for some reason there aren't many stores that sell original software! Huh.



Mmm, time for some GRINDAN.

No comments: