Thursday, November 15, 2007

Serious Magics!

Lorwyn released last month, and I've been playing a lot of Tournament Sealed (which is to say, every other weekend). I've been getting solid results so far: 3-1 in the prerelease, 4-3 in a GPT and 5-2 in a PTQ. However, sealed deck (where you play with fresh, unopened packs) is expensive if you weren't actively looking to buy packs to start with.

Of course, I was trying to gather packs; I also put together a Casual Limited set, meaning four of each common and two of each uncommon, shuffled up and repacked into 40 boosters. Now that I'm done collecting, I might just go play Constructed instead.




I mentioned a while ago that I was playing FF: Chocobo Tales. Now, the nice thing about playing a Final Fantasy game is that they can reuse the good, nostalgic music from their previous games... and Chocobo Tales reuses old music shamelessly. This is a positive thing overall; this is good music.

The net effect being that as I finished the game, I had the nagging urge to play some the good parts for myself. On the piano! A bit of digging around revealed some sheet music here. Initially was leaning towards the boss music, but I eventually settled on the slower 600AD song from Chrono Trigger, with much better results.


Kurikinton Fox, The Decisive Battle (FF6)

2 comments:

JAm said...

now that's a great cover! \m/

Celedor said...

On the piano?

Astig!