Thursday, January 24, 2008

Scalped Robots

Yay, I got new toys yesterday!

I didn't buy any TFTM movies last year, primarily because it was ridiculously hard to find Bumbleebee or Barricade at a reasonable price. Neither did I want to buy random unknowns just because they were available. I ended up skipping the movie line for a while.

I could launch into a long rant about how Hasbro should have just made MORE of the famous characters to start with. Perhaps Hasbro has a perverse incentive to screw over the casual guy who just wants a Bumblebee. Perhaps they're simply that bad at estimating relative demand. Ultimately, though, it's the collector who is responsible for shooting himself in the foot when he decides to buy at an irrational price; he is saying, yes, this thing is really worth twice the SRP.

Fortunately, supply was able to catch up with demand, and I was able to find the toys at close to "retail" price.. and from someone who would be willing to bring the toys to Megamall, too. So, yay me! Now I have something neat to remember the movie by.

No comments: